Our Camp Independent Lake is a real American camp with a log cabin, lake and mountains - pure nature! Most campers here are American children and adolescents. Every year, however, young people from Europe and other countries around the world spend their holidays there, making it quite a diverse international group here. The perfect place to spend your summer vacation and improve your English while playing and having fun with your new friends.
- Transfer vom/zum Flughafen Newark Liberty International (EWR) bei Ankunft/Abflug zwischen 12.00 und 17.00 Uhr
- Betreuung des Schülers (und der Eltern zu Hause) während des Aufenthaltes durch unsere Partner und deren Camp-Betreuer vor Ort sowie durch CAMPS Hamburg
- Unterbringung in Mehrbett Cabins mit Gemeinschaftsbad
- Vollpension (spezielle Ernährungswünsche auf Anfrage)
- sämtliche Freizeitaktivitäten, Ausflüge und Eintritte wie angegeben
- CAMPS International T-Shirt und Zertifikat
- die Anreise/Abreise nach/von Newark Liberty International (EWR) findet individuell statt, wir unterbreiten dir gerne ein Flugangebot in Economy
- Kosten für das ESTA Visum (US $14,-)
- Ausflüge: Mall and Movies, Mountain Creek Water Amusement Park
- umfangreiches CareMed Versicherungspaket inkl. (€ 22,–/Woche) Reisekranken-, Unfall-, Haftpflicht-, Reisegepäckversicherung (€ 50,– Eigenanteil), Reiseassistance
- Reiserücktrittskostenversicherung (3% vom Programmpreis)
- Reiserücktrittskostenversicherung inkl. Reiseabbruchversicherung (4% vom Programmpreis)
- 12 bis 17 Jahre
Our Camp Independent Lake is located in the small town of Orson in the beautiful state of Pennsylvania, about three hours away from New York and Philadelphia.
Located in the mountain region of the Pocono Mountains and on numerous lakes, such as the namesake of the camp - the Independent Lake - this camp promises pure nature and action!
Sample activities and events include:
- Water skiin
- Banana boating
- Water basketball
- Water aerobics
- Pool parties
- Horse riding
- Horse care
- Beach Volleyball
- Table Tennis
- Candle making
- Polymer clay
- Puppet theater
- Recycling design
- Song writing
- Live performances
- Role Playing
- Stand-up comedy
- A Cappella
- PC programming
- Video making
- Creative Writing
- Sign language
- Professional skate park
- BMX course
- Mountain biking
- Mountain boarding
- Capture the Flag
- Casio Night
At CampIndependent Lake you can book additional excursions such as:
- Mall and Movies trips
- Mountain Creek Water Amusement Park
In addition to typical team and water sports, there are plenty of extra activities at Camp Independent Lake. How about a cooking class, for example? Do you like to take photos, or do you prefer programming websites? You can also become a member of a rock band!
The sensational circus program is particularly popular: everyone from absolute beginners to super gymnasts can contribute their part to the incredible show on Performance Day.
On the so-called “Lazy Days” there is the opportunity to take part in a shopping trip followed by a movie or to go to an amusement park.
During your time at Camp Independent Lake, you live with six to ten other participants and two counselors in simply equipped wooden bungalows ("cabins") on the campus grounds. You will always have your new friends around you and it never gets boring!
You will receive full board at the camp. If you require a special diet, please let us know when you register so it can be taken into account.
At Camp Independent Lake you participate in a "Living Language Program". This means that you do not have a language course with fixed times and grammar units but rather speak English with your newly acquired friends and supervisors throughout your camp stay. So you learn the language on the side - learning by simply doing or speaking! You can easily improve your English this way. And don't worry, everyone will be missing some vocabulary at the beginning.