CAMPS International works with over 100 New Zealand state and private schools in the North and South Islands. Every school has a very diverse range of subjects. In order to assist you in selecting a school, it is important to be clear about your own wishes and priorities in advance.
Which sports do you want to continue playing in New Zealand and which ones would you like to learn? Do you prefer being close to the beach or the mountains? Do you want to get to know New Zealand's small-town life or do you prefer life in a big city? Of course, we would be happy to advise you on your search for the right school!
Kiwis, as New Zealanders call themselves, are very open-minded and friendly people. International students are welcomed here with open arms and bring a piece of the world directly to the homes of host families. New Zealanders are curious about other cultures and countries and want to learn more about the history, life, and traditions of your home.
Whether you are in the city or in the country, you will quickly notice that the love of nature and sports plays a major role in most Kiwi families. Let yourself be surprised – maybe your new family will take you camping, skiing or bungee jumping!
New Zealand has a comprehensive school system that goes up to the 13th grade, in which all students learn together. The unity between students of all ages is very strong and the attachment of students to their school often lasts a lifetime. In addition to mixed schools, there are numerous all-girls and all-boys schools in New Zealand that have a long tradition and are often among the most prestigious schools in the country.
The size of the schools varies between 400 and 2,000 students. An interesting specialty of New Zealand schools is the Outdoor Education course. Here you learn things such as building snow huts or discover New Zealand's nature on a canoe trip over several days. The mix of academic subjects and outdoor learning makes school in New Zealand really fun!
New Zealand schools are also known for the extremely good and individual support of international students.
All travelers to New Zealand have the opportunity to participate in our orientation in Sydney, the largest Australian city. Cross the world-famous Harbor Bridge and enjoy the view over Sydney as well as the unique Sydney Opera House. Your high school days can't start any more exciting then this! At the end of the orientation, we will take you to the airport and say goodbye as you head off to your new hometown.
Join our New Zealand Orientation MADE BY CAMPS in Sydney!
The following is included in the New Zealand Orientation Package:
- Round-trip flight in Economy
- Group flight accompanied to Sydney by a CAMPS employee
- 3 day full of action and exciting excursions
- 2 overnights in a hotel/hostel
- Preparatory workshop
- 3 dinners together
- Local transportation costs (subway, etc.)
- Assistance and support when checking in for individual flights onward
Participation in our "Made by CAMPS" Orientation is optional and for organizational reasons is only possible in combination with a flight booking in Economy via CAMPS.
The cost of the Australian Orientation Package is € 2,190,-.
Our orientation takes place only with a minimum of 10 students.
|Prices for New Zealand 2020/2021|
|1 Term||2 Terms/Semester||3 Terms||4 Terms/School Year|
|from € 6,000,-||from € 9,800,-||from € 13,400,-||from € 16,450,-|
The prices in our New Zealand High School program depend on the respective school. Therefore, we always create an individual program for you.
Stays of 6 weeks or more are possible in New Zealand. You can also participate if you are no longer enrolled in a German school.
An overview of 2020/2021 High School prices for all countries can be found here.
Included in the Price
- Non-binding, personal consultation with a CAMPS employee either in office or via Skype
- Pre-departure workshop for both students and parents before program start
- Detailed program handbook for both students and parents before program start
- Visa application support
- Assistance with flight bookings
- Airport pick up in New Zealand
- Enrollment at a New Zealand public high school including school fees (Tuition Fee)
- Accommodation and meals in an individually selected host family including Host Family Fee
- Individual care for the student (and parents at home) throughout program duration by our partner organizations and by CAMPS International
- CAMPS International participation certificate
- CAMPS International hoodie
- Multi-day returnee meeting after returning to Germany
- REISEAUSFALLVERSICHERUNG GEM. § 651K ABS. 3 BGB (travel loss insurance)
- Flight to and from (approx. € 1,700,- to € 2,200,-)
- Pocket money (we recommend approx. € 300,-/month)
- Visa fees (approx. NZD$215,-)
- Health insurance
- School books, uniforms, etc. (approx. € 350,-)
Im Preis enthalten
- unverbindliches, persönliches Beratungs- und Auswahlgespräch mit einem CAMPS Mitarbeiter
- Vorbereitungsworkshop für Schüler und Eltern
- ausführliches Programmhandbuch für Schüler und Eltern vor der Abreise
- Unterstützung bei der Visumsbeantragung
- Vermittlung und Buchung eines Fluges in Economy
- Abholung am jeweiligen Flughafen in Neuseeland
- Vermittlung und Besuch einer staatlichen Schule inklusive Schulgebühren (Tuition Fee)
- Vermittlung, Unterkunft und Verpflegung in einer individuell ausgesuchten Gastfamilie inklusive Gastfamiliengebühr (Host Family Fee)
- Betreuung des Schülers (und der Eltern zu Hause) während des Aufenthaltes durch unsere Partner (wie im Angebot benannt) und einen persönlichen Betreuer vor Ort sowie durch CAMPS Hamburg
- CAMPS International Hoodie und T-Shirt
- mehrtägiges Returnee Meeting in Deutschland
GEM. § 651K ABS. 3 BGB
- Kosten für die An-/Abreise zum Beratungsgespräch und zum Vorbereitungsworkshop
- Flug (z.Zt. ca. € 1.700,- bis € 2.200,-)
- Taschengeld (Empfehlung ca. € 300,–/Monat)
- Visumsgebühren (z.Zt. ca. NZD 290,-)
- Schulbücher, -uniform etc. (ca. € 350,-)
- Kosten für An-/Abreise zum Returnee Meeting
- Comprehensive insurance package: travel-, health-, accident-, liability-, luggage-insurance as well as travel assistance (approx. € 50,-/month, billed daily)
- Travel cancellation insurance (RRV) (3% of the program price)
- Travel cancellation insurance, including during the program (RRV+) (4% of the program price)
- Assistance with transfers abroad via our foreign exchange account
- Three-day orientation in Sydney (for programs starting in January and July), including flight in economy (€ 2,190,-)*
- Additional travel and excursions (additionally bookable via local partners or external providers)
1 to 3 terms, School Year: Starts in July, January or April
- Start in July: 15. May
- Start in January: 15. November
- Start in April: 15. February
*Our orientation is only offered for departure in January (winter) and July (summer) and a minimum of 10 students is needed for it to take place
**Shorter stays are also possible in New Zealand - contact us for more details!
***Late applications may be possible if there are places available
- Umfangreiches Versicherungspaket: Reisekrankenversicherung, Unfall-, Haftpflicht-, Reisegepäck-, Rückreisenotfallversicherung (ca. € 50,- / Monat - Tagesgenaue Abrechnung)
- Reiserücktrittskostenversicherung (3% vom Programmpreis) oder Reiserücktrittskostenversicherung inkl. Reiseabbruchversicherung (4% vom Programmpreis)
- bei Start im Januar oder Juli, dreitägige Orientation in Sydney inkl. begleiteter Flug in Economy (€ 2.290,-)
- Reisen und Ausflüge (zusätzlich buchbar über Partner vor Ort oder externe Anbieter)
1 bis 3 Terms, Schuljahr: Start im Juli, Januar oder April
* In Neuseeland sind auch kürzere Aufenthalte möglich, sprich uns an!
Start im Juli2021: 15. Mai 2021
Start im Januar 2022: 15. November 2021
Start im April 2022: 15. Februar 2022
** Spätere Bewerbungseingänge sind eventuell möglich, soweit Plätze vorhanden sind.